Senior full-stack developer role, near Weston-Super-Mare
Are you an experienced PHP/full-stack developer looking for a change in 2018?
We're looking for someone, full or part time, with experience in the following areas - to take a key role with our busy client list of International brands and digital starts ups.
- MVC frameworks (Laravel and legacy systems on CodeIgniter)
- JSON / XML (and working with APIs)
Our portfolio is a little out of date to be honest - busy busy busy - but get in touch if you'd like to hear more about the sort of tech start ups we're working with at the moment.
We need someone with a super keen eye for detail. To work here you need to be conscientious with a real desire to deliver a good service, whilst managing deadlines. When required, you'll need to be able to oversee and manage a group of developers, ensuring everyone is working to the right objectives and to budget and timescales. You need to be able to take a project, make it your own, and deliver it to a very high standard.
You need to be a quick thinker who can come up with solutions on the spot which will provide our clients with a terrific ROI whilst considering the longevity of the code base and security of the system. Your expertise in PHP will then mean you can roll out these ideas efficiently and thoroughly.
We like all our code to be tidy and organised, and delivered with a considered yet pragmatic approach. Knowledge of GIT versioning and Linux systems administration, as well as Amazon Web Services would be great.
You'll need a good phone manner and excellent written English for when you're updating clients. We take customer service extremely seriously so to work here you need to be a great communicator who can keep building on the fantastic relationships we have with our clients.
Why work with us?
At 18a, we work hard and we work quickly. And at times over the last decade we have been guilty of falling into the eat - sleep - code - repeat cycle. But we know that this isn't a good way of life, and so we now have fail safes to ensure everyone at 18a gets chance to feel creative and clear headed - which in turn aids productivity.
Things we do:
- Monthly team breakfasts out and about
- Frequent progress meetings with the whole team
- Whilst you'll mainly be based in our offices, remote working can also be an option
- Unlike all too many other agencies, you really would work 9 - 5.30 (excluding lunch of course, and flexi-time).... after that you're encouraged to go home and have a life, and not be sat at your desk until 7pm. You are NOT given a works phone, your personal mobile number doesn't get given to clients, and you are not expected to check your work email outside of office hours.
- Healthy snacks in the work place
- Good coffee
- Lunch time power naps if you want!
- Non-corporate studio offices inc. pool table
- A Fitbit or contribution towards gym membership for full time members of the team after probationary period - a healthy body = a healthy mind!
- Volunteering opportunities for full time members of the team and a say in company charity donations
- 28 days paid holiday a year, with unlimited unpaid holiday after that. Additional paid holiday after 5 years of working with us.
Paid time off for your kids' sports day and Christmas play
- Work space personalisation budget
- Every day's a school day but we like to encourage professional development and keep CPD logs
- Tickets / days out for web events
- Encouragement / support to speak at web events if that's something you fancy doing
- Encouraged contribution to - and a stake in - inhouse tech start up projects, whether they're existing or new suggestions by you
And oh yeah... we've got a cider orchard!
Salary will be dependent on skills and experience; we're happy to hear from experienced developers, and newbies who still meet the criteria above. Please contact us with your CV and some examples of your work.
Please please pretty please - no agencies! :)
Want to share? Tweet it!